Lawrence Alkin Gallery is the trading name of Total BS Ltd, registered in England & Wales at Aston House, Cornwall Avenue, London N3 1LF under the number 11230861. When we refer to Lawrence Alkin Gallery we are also referring to Total BS Limited. For purpose of the data protection legislation, Total BS Ltd is the data controller of the data referred to in this policy. If you need to contact us you can do so by writing to us at Aston House, Cornwall Avenue, London N3 1LF or by email at email@example.com. We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our clients and customers and others with whom we interact. In this policy you will find information about what types of information we hold about you, how and why we collect it, how we use it, and how we keep it secure. This Policy also tells you about your rights and how you can exercise them and how the law protects you. Please read it carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
What Personal Information We Collect
We only collect information that we need to carry out our business. Typically, this may include the following:
• your name;
• your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
• other information that you may give us in person at our events and art fairs;
• Information you provide by filling in forms on our site or when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
• information in relation to any purchases of our art work or use of other services that we provide.
Collecting Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information:
• when you provide it to us when you purchase any art work;
• when you visit us at an art fair;
• when you visit our website and use 3rd party applications, such as Live Chat;
• when you otherwise interact with us;
• (for our suppliers) when you provide services to us.
Processing Your Personal Information
We use your information to:
• provide information about our gallery, our art work and our other services;
• let you know about art work, artists and events that we think you may find interesting;
• perform our obligations under any contracts that we have with you (including for delivery of artwork after purchase);
• to keep records of purchases in case of query, for example regarding provenance of an at work or for insurance claims, and to request a loan of works of art where they are wanted for an exhibition; • administer our website and keep it secure;
• comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and
• for security, to check your identity and to prevent fraud.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not share your personal information with third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with our art work or services, respond to your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy. We may also share your personal information with:
• law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so;
• our professional advisers;
• other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
So you are aware, your contact information (if you are one of the aforementioned listed previously in this policy), chiefly your email address(es) is held for the purposes of email marketing securely with our provider, Mail Chimp.
Legal Basis for Processing
There are a number of different legal grounds for processing personal information. Which one is applicable will depend on precisely how we are processing your information and for what purpose. Most commonly we will be processing your information where it is necessary:
• to pursue our legitimate business interests and where there is no undue adverse impact on you. Our legitimate business interests include ensuring that we provide an effective service for you, marketing our services, and preventing fraud;
• to perform our contractual obligations to you
• to comply with our legal obligations;
Under EU data protection laws, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. We respect and honour these rights and will help you to exercise them insofar as we are able. These rights are not absolute – in some cases they will not apply to you, or to the particular use that we are making of your data, and there are exceptions (for example if we have to process the data to comply with our own legal obligations), but if that is the case we will let you know.
Your rights include the right to:
• Access your personal information (via what is commonly known as a "data subject access request");
• Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
• Require the erasure of your personal information;
• Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
• Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
• Object to decisions being taken by automated means (including profiling) which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
• Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information.
• Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
If you wish to access a copy of your personal data or exercise any of your other rights your request must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times.
To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, please let us know if any of your personal details change by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about events, art fairs and works of art. You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time, and details of how to unsubscribe will be included on any email we send you. You can also "unsubscribe" from our mailing list at any time by contacting us at email@example.com where we will action any opt-out request from you as soon as we can.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required. Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt-out from marketing, we will retain your information if you have purchased from Lawrence Alkin Gallery to enable us to maintain the proper degree of provenance and a purchase history, but we will respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect store about you.
Cookies & Analytics
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used on our website. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.