We are currently seeking a full time gallery assistant / editions specialist, starting from 1st June 2021.
Please find full job specifications and details on how to apply below, we look forward to hearing from you.
Gallery Assistant / Printed Editions Specialist - Job Role
Rhodes Contemporary Art seeks a polished, energetic candidate with knowledge and passion for the arts, to work with the public and in an administrative capacity.
Working directly alongside the Gallery Manager, the ideal candidate must be friendly yet professional, have sound judgement, be able to prioritise and work in a composed manner under pressure and have an excellent telephone manner.
The position comprises two major roles: assisting with the general running of the gallery space and working in our editions arm of the business where you will plan edition releases, searching for and working with artists to produce limited edition prints and facilitate the running of the online editions store and social media accounts.
A knowledge of print is essential.
The role is based in our Central London gallery and the candidate must be comfortable working within a small team, demonstrate good interpersonal skills as well good written communication and be highly organised. The role requires an individual to be a self-starter, who can be left to complete tasks to a high standard unsupervised.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to further their career in the contemporary art market, working in many different aspects of the business, with wide ranging future opportunities for career development and travel with the gallery.
▪ Proven experience of working in the contemporary art market
▪ Knowledge of print, editions and printing techniques
▪ Experience handling printed materials and art packing / exhibition installation
▪ Evidence working in a customer / client facing role
▪ Strong knowledge of social media platforms
▪ Proficient in photoshop, Microsoft office
- BA or equivalent qualification in arts or arts business
- Good eye for current trends in the art market
- Experience with art database systems
- E-commerce experience
- Copywriting skills
- Experience working at art fairs
40 hours per week, working Tuesday - Saturday, with occasional evening work.
28 days holiday (including bank holidays and national holidays)
£20,000 - £25,000 p.a. dependant on experience + bonus scheme
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on 10th May
Interviews will take place the week commencing 17th May